By Michiko Araki
This fall, Vancouver will be busy hosting the biggest football event of the year: the 102nd Grey Cup. It’s been three years since the BC Lions hosted the event, and the 102nd Grey Cup Organizing Committee are aiming to make this year’s festival events even better for football fans, families, and people of all ages!
Football BC was on location at the 102nd Grey Cup Festival press conference where the Grey Cup Festival activities were announced.
The Grey Cup Festival events will take place from November 26 -30th. Tickets for the events range from $20-$350 and are on sale at ticketmaster.ca starting Friday, September 19. For full event details, make sure to visit 102greycupfestival.ca!
Key 102nd Grey Cup Festival Events:
• Grey Cup Festival kickoff (Wednesday, November 26)
• TELUS Street Festival featuring the PlayNow.com stage (Thursday, November 27 – Saturday, November 29)
• Nissan Family Zone featuring the Canadian Direct Insurance Family stage (Thursday, November 27 – Saturday, November 29)
• Team Parties (Thursday, November 27 – Saturday, November 29)
• Grey Cup Festival Concert Series – presented by GlobalBC and The Province
o New Music Night presented by The Peak 102.7 (Thursday, November 27)
- Featuring Hey Ocean!, Family of the Year, The Gay Nineties
o Country Music Night presented by 93.7 JRfm (Friday, November 28)
- Featuring Tim Hicks, Tebey, One More Girl
o Classic Rock Night presented by Rock 101
- Featuring Trooper, 54.40, Sass Jordan
• Blakes CFL Alumni Legends Luncheon (Friday, November 28)
• Edgewater Casino Night (Friday, November 28)
• Save-on-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade (Saturday, November 29)
• Cheerleaders Extravaganza (Saturday, November 29)
• Rock and ROAR Gala (Saturday, November 29)
• Grey Cup Fan March (Sunday, November 30)
• Pre-Game Tailgate Party (Sunday, November 30)
• 102nd Grey Cup Championship Game (Sunday, November 30)